Thursday, March 10, 2016

Estate sale haul!

I'm not sure I've been to an estate sale on a Thursday. But that is the day to go! Tables filled with cocktail shakers and bar glass, bristle hairbrushes and hand mirrors and retro kitchen appliances excited me! I was given a box to load up my treasures, and immediately picked up a red 1950s ice crusher. It would have been mine had the dealer not taken off the price tag, and the paint came with it;( There was only one good side to the item, and the tag was on it. I declined the item and will try to get it for much less tomorrow. I did get a neato ice bucket.

 I loved the look on the outside, but was delighted by a surprise on the inside!
Classic recipes for Manhattan, Tom Collins and Daiquiri cocktails line the chrome inside. But I've never heard of the Bronx, Clover Club or Alexander cocktail. Can't wait to research the origin of these libations! And make them of course! Only $6!

The seller had many gorgeous hairbrushes and hand mirror sets, but I fell in love with this comb. Perhaps it's lucite. I love the color and the detail in the middle. $4!
I also fell in love with this little Art-deco clock. The seller had a collection of about 25 timepieces. I really wanted a different clock, a little bigger... But someone had used white-out around the number 9. So I chose this handsome guy.
Even though I told my mother to not plug it in, she did anyway. I heard a pop, the lights flickered and she jumped. So this is display only. I will set it to 2.26, my wedding anniversary. $9 only! 

If you've seen this blog before, you know I love anything with orange print. So this cute plaster wall-hanging was coming home with me. 

It came in a set with bananas and cherries, but I wasn't interested. I'm surprised the seller let me take just the one, seeing as they might not sell the other two. Just $1!

Will be back tomorrow. The seller said she has boxes and boxes of items, as her father-law collected for 45 years. Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment