Thursday, July 24, 2014

Framing fabric with a vintage twist



When I was a little gal, I dabbled in cross stitching. It was the kind where the x was printed on the fabric for you...so nothing too hard. I used to love to pick out a pattern and put a piece of fabric between an embroidery hoop. I stretched and tightened the cloth until it was tight as a drum. The fabric wasn't about to budge. I used the same concept for decorating my daughter's nursery. With leftover fabric from a fabulous quilt my mother made, I chose little details I wanted to frame. 


The littlest frame was $.49! And I think the biggest was under $2! Where else can you find frames that cheap? You can find embroidery hoops at any craft store in the sewing section! 



They would be perfect for framing a logo on a favorite T-shirt from college. Just cut the fabric slightly larger than the hoop, place in between the hoops and tighten. Then snip the excess so it won't show. The final product is so light, I hung mine with push pins!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I could see this with some FSU shirts from your college days you just can't throw away:)

      Delete