Friday, March 20, 2015

As retro as the Hula Hoop!

Even my little sis is getting into the vintage swing. I ordered a bathing suit online that was way too small for me... But I knew who could rock that high waisted polka dot bikini! My sister! Here she is....

And did I mention she hula hoops?



It doesn't get any more retro than the hula hoop, either. Debuting in the late '50s, the Hula Hoop sold more than 25 million in the first 2 months they hit shelves... According to toyhalloffame.org. My sis hoops at music festivals, on the beach... Anywhere she can. She's also hooped with fire! Hoops have been around since the ancient Greeks used them to tone midsections...but it seems every American kid has hooped at least once. Anyone remember the ones that made that crazy noise?


There was even a hula hoop song! Two singers recorded it; Georgia Gibbs and Teresa Brewer, "From 3 to 110...."From L.A. To New York, Georgia to Duluth... Everyone is playing with the hula hoop...


So I guess you can start hooping at 3 and continue well into your golden years.. Here's a link to the song:

Kind of makes me want one!

Even the First Lady does it!



No comments:

Post a Comment