Saturday, August 2, 2014

A quiet evening with Elvgren gals

My hubby is good at puzzles. Like, sit with saint-like patience kind of good. And it's not just because there are pin-up ladies staring back at him. But it helps! 


Gil Elvgren's gals have always been my favorite. I haven't seen every sketch Elvgren ever made, but they are often the girl-next-door type. The girl- next- door with her skirt stuck in the picket fence type.


I do know Elvgren created advertising for Coca Cola and other big name companies, but in my lifetime... I've only seen his work in books I've sought out, calendars and tattoos. And now puzzles! This one is an appreciated and unexpected surprise from my dear Dad. He didn't mind I snagged his Cars album because it had a Vargas pin-up girl on the cover! Love Alberto Vargas' work,too. But for now, I'll let hubby do the hard work on the puzzle and I'll jump in to do the easy pieces. I might not be able to break it up when we're finished...

No comments:

Post a Comment