Sunday, August 17, 2014

Pasta salad, your fridge clean-out meal!

When I have random bits of veggies, cheese and deli meat... It's time to make pasta salad! I always have pasta in my pantry. I happened to have the tiniest bit of Orzo pasta left. It's the rice shaped pasta that fattens up when prepared. A little bit goes a long way! I also had leftover dressing I made for an apple and Gorgonzola salad the night before. Since it's a dump and stir kind of thing, here's my ingredient list for my latest pasta salad:
Orzo pasta
Chop the following to bite size:
Genoa salami
Mozzarella pearls- a fun deli product
red pepper
Grape tomatoes
Fresh basil 

Dressing:
 1/4 cup of white or red wine vinegar
Teaspoon dry mustard
Squeeze of lemon
Teaspoon of dried oregano
Salt/ pepper
Whisk in 3/4 cup of EVOO

Enjoy:)




No comments:

Post a Comment