Sunday, June 22, 2014

Queen Anne neckline

Just look at this neckline on a perfect polka dot dress. It's one of the easiest to find in current clothes with retro style. And it's flattering on everyone. I used to have a purple shirt with this same Queen Anne neckline. It was from JCPenney!  My students would say, "You look like you are an extra in Pearl Harbor." I was confused until I realized they were referencing the movie with Ben Affleck and Kate Beckinsale. The costumes and makeup in that flick are so lovely...

Back to Rita Hayworth. She was usually a redhead or brunette, but as a blonde she is just as gorgeous. You don't see short hair on many starlets from the '40s. She rocks the cut in "The Lady from Shanghai" released in 1948. As an avid Turner Classic Movie fan... I saw a commercial announcing a new DVD release of the film, starring and directed by Orson Welles. Now I have to see it! Just the snippets shown sucked me in! A murder mystery with all the shadows, angles and close ups of film noir. It's not airing anytime soon, but I'll post if it does!

No comments:

Post a Comment