Saturday, April 2, 2016

Red shoes-kind of my thing

I have found them. The cutest ruby red shoes I have ever slipped on. I thought I had the cutest pair a few years back. But they were flat, and earned many miles when I was a reporter. My dear friend and fellow reporter, Sara, also loves snappy shoes. Here we are back in 2007.
 I loved those Rampage shoes so much, they earned a coveted spot in my suitcase for Spain. A gal must pack red shoes when she is to live in Spain. Funny thing is, I accidentally left them overseas. Probably a good thing since I fell three times wearing those shoes in the Granada rain. I was a master of telling my Spanish teachers, "I fell yesterday" when they asked me to use the past tense. 
 I mourned the loss of my red flats. I drowned my sorrows in some peep toe, sling back pumps with alligator detail... Very 1940s. I liked them. But my dog loved them. Loved them so much he ate them. Another pair gone.

I scan the shoe section of Dillard's every time I go, hoping for a scarlett beauty to catch my eye. I'm really hoping for red patent leather. To me, that's a classic combination. But they are hard to find nowhere to be found. 

With these Oka-B shoes, I have the high shine of patent leather, with the comfort of a jelly shoe! The insole is structured and padded, like an expensive tennis shoe might have. They are insanely comfortable. I wore them for a night out with friends, then all the next day. 

To up the adorable factor, perfectly shaped red hearts garnish the peep toe. It is a wedge heel, but from the back, it sports a thinner profile. The perfect height for shorts, especially for a 5-foot munchkin like me. Red is a welcome punch of color to any nautical navy and white. Red is also a must for my love of black and white. I'll be wearing these for a long time.

 I love them so much, I bought them in tan, too, with a bow on top. I highly recommend these beauties! Find them locally at the Pin-up Parlor or online at https://www.oka-b.com/ 

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment