Thursday, December 10, 2015

Retro wrapping

I wrapped my first Christmas present of the season for my dear friend Martha. And I was so pleased to use my vintage wrapping paper for the first time. 

Plucked from a garage sale where everything was in original 1950s packaging, the box boasts 400 inches of paper. I swear that's about 4x more than wrapping paper today. Sometimes I get three presents out of one of those cheapy rolls. This vintage multi-colored paper could last me 2 Christmas seasons. And it's thick! Have you ever wrapped a present only to have the corners rip when you try to make a neat fold? Not this paper! 


For more vintage Christmas flair, I spent an hour at RiverTown Antique Mall. It's 3 stories!! I carefully flipped through dozens of Christmas cards, passing over the discolored ones or ugly graphics. I found the cutest ones, and sprinkled them around my house. They were about 50 cents each. 
Merry Christmas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment