Saturday, January 17, 2015

Low calorie breakfast bites!

And in our house... We shall eat low calorie foods with full flavor. My husband has already lost 11 pounds... And I can't take all the credit because of my cooking... But it's important! I'm down 2 pounds my first week, so we'll keep it up! 

Breakfast is our weakness... Homemade biscuits, sausage, velvety cheese grits, bacon.. Oh boy. If we counted the calories in our normal Saturday breakfast, I'm sure we'd be alarmed. So what should I make instead? Mini ham and cheese frittatas! Only 39 calories for 3?? Yes!!!



It's a Recipe from Cooking Light, the best source for me when it comes to light, delicious ideas for all meals. 
The main ingredients are egg whites, lean deli ham and reduced fat cheddar cheese. No flour, milk or butter in sight, just butter-flavored non-stick spray. Here's the recipe below...

http://www.myrecipes.com/m/recipe/mini-frittatas-with-ham-cheese


2 comments:

  1. Looks and sounds delicious ... I wonder if its freezing friendly ... for busy week mornings to just warm up and take it to go. ... definitely will try it.

    ReplyDelete