Saturday, May 21, 2016

Floridiana

I'm so I love all things orange. I will never switch sunscreens because it smells faintly of tangerine. My favorite dress has an orange print along the skirt.

And I just snagged this perfect T-shirt from Mischief Made Me.


Maybe I have a little bit of that citrus fever DeLand's founding fathers' had. 

 So when I found this plaster gem, I snagged it at a Glenwood garage sale. 
The seller offered to include the banana and cherries. No thanks! Oranges only, please

It looks perfect propped up next to our copy of The Yearling. My husband treasures his great grandmother's books. This one dates back to 1938.

I grew up on an orange grove. Yes, the oranges were destroyed in the freeze of 1983. But the history is always there. 

Mom has a metal sign painted with her father's name, the owner of the grove whose fruit went to Minute Maid. Time has damaged the sign, and the rust has crept over the Minute Maid logo.


My daughter continues the citrus love. She ate 3 of those tiny tangerines daily. We were so lucky to have the fruit tree right in our backyard.

I'm always looking forward to finding an interesting piece of Floridiana. I'm not into plates or salt and pepper shakers. I would love to find a silk scarf with the state's outline and the cities. I love this pillow, and have eyed it for years. It was in many a Jacksonville boutique. Doesn't seem practical with a toddler and 2 dogs who love to snuggle. I've also seen tumblers with the same design. Perfect for orange juice:) 🍊

No comments:

Post a Comment