Sunday, July 12, 2015

Hello Jell-o!!

I was looking for chocolate chips, then my eyes hit the Jell-o. When's the last time I had even tasted this crazy, jiggling dessert? I'm not a fan of the fruit-flavored  version, but you can not beat a 5-minute instant pudding mix! I picked up lemon and chocolate...And I knew I wanted a parfait of some kind. 

For the lemon, I layered the pudding with homemade whipped cream, slivered almonds, blueberries and crumbled graham crackers. For the chocolate, it's graham crumbs, whipped cream and mini chocolate chips. I am not a food stylist...

Putting it in a Mason jar just adds to the retro charm. But as I was browsing the Internet for vintage adds, I was reminded of the savory side of Jell-o. Leftover salmon, broccoli or cheese? Why not suspend it in gravity with celery-flavored Jell-o?
I just couldn't do it..
I never realized the copper molds I always see in antique stores could be used for Jello. I assumed they were just for cake.


But the coolest thing I found was this pendant light made from a mold. Love it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment