Sunday, October 12, 2014

Tie one on with an easy rag wreath

I do not have a craft closet. Not even a bin with glue guns, buttons and special crafty things squirreled away from years of Michael's trips. I have some leftover fabric from my classroom bulletin board and some scissors.
 All I need is the wreath skeleton and I can make an easy, homey rag wreath. 
The skeletons come in many sizes, so it really depends on how much fabric you have. This is a 16 inch and I used a little less than half a yard. 

Figure out how long you want your strips, and cut about a million of them. I have no idea how many this wreath takes, but it's a lot. There are four rings in the skeleton and you want a plump wreath, so you fill every row.
Fluff and fuss, add a wooden letter with ribbon and you're done. This one took me about an hour and a half to complete from start to finish.

 Here's one with some orange, sparkly burlap thrown in for a fall feel. I made it for Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment